Construction of a retina from stem cells:
basic principles, human organoids & cholinergic impact
International Symposium organised by Biology Dept. of Technische Universität Darmstadt
as a tribute to former students, colleagues & collaborators of Professor Paul G. Layer
More pictures and videos available on email@example.com
• Lecture Hall “Uhrturm”: Hochschulstrasse 4 (Bldg. S2/08)
• Altes Maschinenhaus: Magdalenenstrasse 12,
• (ground floor Bldg. S1/05)
• Welcome Hotel: Tel. +49 (0)6151-39140.
• Airport Taxi:+49(0)162-6500 718; 06151-860 7424
• Bus “AirLiner” to/from Ffm Int. Airport ; exit stop at “Kongresszentrum Darmstadtium”.
• Parking: Parkhaus “Darmstadtium”, a.o.
Session 1: Sep-14-2018, Friday 5-7 pm;
Sessions 2-4: Sep-15-2018, Saturday 9 am–5pm
Lectures in Physik-Hörsaal Uhrturm, Bldg. S2/08, Hochschulstrasse 4, Darmstadt (central campus of TUD)
This symposium will bring together internationally leading experts of their fields, former students and faculties, as well as long-time collaborators of Department of Biology at Technische Universität Darmstadt (TUDa). Four sessions will deal with research fields of highest actuality, e.g., neuronal development and function, future applications of stem cell-based technologies in regenerative medicine, and novel actions of the cholinergic system under normal and diseased conditions. By updating research topics, which were pursued by Professor Layer´s group over decades, this symposium has particular relevance for advancing future teaching and research activities in Developmental, Cell and Molecular Biology at TUDa and Bioengineering at h_da in Darmstadt.
Interested external students and researchers from other departments and universities are welcome.